Staying on top of daily, monthly, and annual chores around your home is a necessary ‘evil’ if you want to enhance the likelihood that your property will continue to go UP in value over the years ahead. Maintenance and repair jobs are constants. While collectively maintaining your property is a big job, when broken down into monthly tasks, it is not as overwhelming.
To save time and money, plan for the seasonal needs of your home, yard, and garden by utilizing our new monthly checklists. This will help you stay on top of the activities in and around your real estate investment. Each blog post has a "to do" list as well as a list of sales that typically occur each month. Each checklist is just a suggestion for tasks and may vary depending on your personal preferences.
DECEMBER - December is often a manically busy month. Make sure you schedule down time for yourself to regroup, relax, and enjoy the holidays!
- Finish shopping. Wrap gifts.
- Mail gifts and Christmas cards by the end of the first week of December.
- If you didn’t get it done the last few days of November, decorate house by the end of the first week of December.
- Last chance to make donations to charities and claim the tax benefits for the current year. Don’t forget to get a receipt!
- Having guests? Clean out the guest room (or space). Dust, vacuum, change linens. Prepare a care package of whatever you think your guest might enjoy. Spend the night in your guest room to make sure it’s comfortable.
- Clothes dryer vents should be checked at least once a quarter to make sure they are clear of any lint buildup that could cause a fire.